PLAYMAKERS REPERTORY COMPANY, a $2.7 million LORT D theatre located on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill seeks a dynamic and experienced individual to join newly appointed Producing Artistic Director Vivienne Benesch as the administrative leader of PlayMakers. Season programming currently comprised of ten productions in two performance spaces: 500 seat thrust stage, 280 seat black box. The Managing Director will work within an integrated collaboration between the theatre and university and will report directly to the Producing Artistic Director. Responsibilities will include the creation and management of operating and capital budgets, as well as the management and oversight of development, marketing, and general management. Qualifications: Master of Fine Arts or other acceptable Master’s degrees from an accredited institution and a minimum of three years theatre management experience. Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000 plus full UNC benefit package. Application deadline is 2/14/2016. For application instructions and to apply for this position, please visit http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/90383
• Direct Reports: Director of Development, General Manager, Director of Marketing and Communications. 12-15 indirect reports, plus 30-35 student staff.
• Advise Producing Artistic Director on strategy in support of long term vision for PlayMakers
• With Director of Development and Producing Artistic Director, set strategy for theater’s fundraising operations and oversee the implementation of that strategy
• With Director of Marketing & Communications, oversee the implementation of marketing strategy and tactics
• With General Manager, create and manage operating and capital budgets for the company. Oversee financial management policies and procedures, both internal to PlayMakers and as set by UNC.
• In collaboration with General Manager, liaise with University offices as needed (i.e. University Counsel, Information Technology & Carolina Performing Arts). Ensure compliance with all UNC policies and procedures.
• Other duties as described by Producing Artistic Director.
• Will teach one course per semester in the newly created Minor in Theatre Management in the Department of Dramatic Art at UNC and oversee that portion of the undergraduate curriculum. Will advise and assist the Chair of the Department in the development of a future MFA in Theatre Management.
In addition to degree requirements, candidates must also possess:
• A minimum of three years theatre management experience
• Ability to work independently, meet high goals, and interact efficiently within the environment of a large research university
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with staff members, artists, faculty and volunteers
• Integrity, authenticity, and enthusiasm
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to monitor and meet multiple deadlines
• Previous teaching experience preferred but not required.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Associate Artistic Director
PLAYMAKERS REPERTORY COMPANY, the LORT D theatre located on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill, seeks a dynamic and exceptional individual to advance and facilitate the artistic vision of the theatre in conjunction with newly-appointed Producing Artistic Director (PAD), Vivienne Benesch, as Associate Artistic Director (AAD). Producing a 10-show season in two performance spaces: 500 seat thrust stage and 280 seat black box, the AAD will work with the PAD to ensure the artistic quality of PRC’s programming and will play a vital role in PRC’s growing commitment to broadening the diversity of its artistic engagement. The AAD will work to serve the needs of the resident company (comprised of faculty and graduate students) as well as a large network of local, regional and national artists. The AAD will work within an integrated collaboration between the theatre and university and will report directly to the PAD. Responsibilities will include directing PRC and DDA productions as assigned by the PAD, overseeing and developing vision for artistic efforts and programming both within the company and community. A Master’s degree, a minimum of two years theatre administration experience, and the ability to successfully manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously are required. Demonstrated success in the field as a director is strongly preferred. Application deadline is 2/29/2016.
For more information, application instructions, and to apply for this position, please visit http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/91474 . The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Workstudies & Volunteers
If you are a UNC student interested in workstudy, visit Workstudy Information.
If you are interested in volunteer ushering or other volunteer opportunities, contact Julie Lucier, Audience Services Manager, at email@example.com.